Welcome to the Pre-release Testing category

Interested in testing Mocaccino OS Pre-releases? We’re interested in your feedback! Here is where we can have discussions, give feedback, and even link to bug reports to root cause and solve problems. Before you get started we should lay down some ground rules.

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

Discussions and Feedback BEFORE filing an issue. When an issue is filed, the first post should be edited to include a link to the issue. The issue can then be updated with additional details as needed, but discussions should be kept here.

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

General requests for assistance or discussion of released ISOs or installs have a different priority and are seen by the general public. Pre-release topics will likely only be viewed by staff and other testers meaning a smaller pool of people. There are no expectations of a quick solution. Issues at the pre-release level may require patching of code, mass recompiles, or even switching to different software to resolve.

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

Each topic should be specific. Preferably pointing to specific software. If you cannot point to specific software, point out the issue and allow the discussions and investigations to begin. Once we can pinpoint the issue, the topic should be updated to point out the specific software that is the problem and the original post updated to include a new issue filed to github issue-tracker.

• So how do I get started?
  1. You can start by downloading a daily ISO.
  2. Verify all software loads and works in live boot. Then perform the install & reboot!
  3. Verify all software loads and works on installed system. No errors in logs/dmesg/etc & reboot!
  4. Next you need to test Migration from Sabayon to MocaccinoOS. Then reboot!
  5. Verify all software loads and works on migrated system. No errors in logs/dmesg/etc.
  6. Verify you can update repos and upgrade packages an layers.

If you run into any issues, you document them, screenshot, pull logs, and list steps to reproduce as you can. Once the issue is verified (meaning you or someone else must repeat the process to verify its reproducible) an issue needs filed and linked in the topic.

2 Likes

Hi there!
I tried the link “test Migration from Sabayon to MocaccinoOS”; sadly it’s
broken and I get a “404” error.
Can you tell me where to get the Migration instructions?
Thank you and by the way merry christmas for you all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

To test migration from Sabayon to MocaccinoOS you should follow the instructions found here.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try and report… :grin:

Fixed :slight_smile: Thanks for the report!

To test migration from Sabayon to MocaccinoOS you should follow the instructions

Thank you for this opportunity. We are all human and make mistakes. Mistakes can be minor and can be a lot of trouble. I’m sure that testing is a necessary stage in the development of any software. It is important here not to miss mistakes and correct them in time. And if I have the opportunity to test the software and then point out those deficiencies that I could find. Bugs will be fixed, and the software will be even better.
So, what should I do to find the best software development 2021? Any ideas?