Welcome to Discourse

A community to discuss about MocaccinoOS, musl, Gentoo and Linux! Feel free to share your issues and seek help from the community!

1 Like

Albfneto, Alberto, from Brazil.
I.m a Sabayon user, i will try Mocaccino.

3 Likes

Hi albfneto

Welcome! Glad to hear that :slight_smile: I hope you will find the same Sabayon experience in the new release which is in the works

1 Like

Welcome to the new forums Alberto!

Hello, I am a Sabayon user, I’d like to try it in a VirtualBox machine, but I have an issue. Is there any possibility to bump its version in Sabayon to try a version they claim it works?

Hi guys

Here I’m ;D

Ready to learn about Mocaccino

2 Likes

Yeah! A cup, please!

1 Like

Ciao bella gente.

Presente anche per questo progetto.

Hello world, I’m ready to meet mocaccino os. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good luck on yout new endeavors! I will be testing live cds to try to learn the new toolset. From what I understand reading the docs, the changes for the end user are musl and the new package manager. Will you still be able to use emerge to install packages or even better use luet to do just that?

Hi guys, I just heard about this new project.
I have been using sabayon for quite some time, as the only OS on my laptop.
I’ll try Mocaccino I hope it will be a new home :slight_smile:

nomorelogic

I have in mind that firefox is precompiled and may run standalone. I use and test the Nightly Versions.
I published and article about this, but it is written in portoguese language (i.m Brazilian).
Resuming, my method is…

Go to the site:

http://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/

choose the desired firefox, language and version (i use te nightly version, it is sufficient stable).

save the file in one created /home/user/Desktop directory

“unzip” the firefox file, you wiil see a “Firefox” directory… execute te internal script " ./firefox"

If you have another installed firefox, remove it, or at least, mantain it permanently closed.

All my years of posting on the Sabayon forums, gone. :’( They’re trying to erase my past!

1 Like

Same goes for me. But it wasn’t possible to maintain nor port it.

Hello! Potential new user here! Just found this distro yesterday and i got to admit it seems promising. Stable system and upgrading is not a nightmare anymore is what caught my interest. Will definitely be looking what you guys are up to and cant wait for the 1st usable .iso file. Looking forward to it. Much luck in your project. God bless.

Hello!! I’m Fábio, also from Brazil. I used Gentoo and Funtoo for a while a few times. I knew Luet before MocaccinoOS, in my search for a package manager made in Lua.

A little later, in an announcement on the Funtoo page about the partnership with the Sabayon team, in my search for the replacement of Debian LXC in Crostini VM, that’s when I met this OS on the Sabayon page.

I’m very happy to hear about this whole connection with Luet.

I currently have a Mac mini (Mid 2010). Will it be compatible with Mocaccino?

Thanks for all.

1 Like

Hello, I am a new user, a pleasure to be here.

Good day Fabio, yes it should work. Right now everything is Alpha testing.
The process might be easier to jump from Sabayon 19.03 using the migration process to MocaccinoOs.

HI! I’m Martin from Argentina. I’ve been using Sabayon for a long time now, and Gentoo previously (switched to Sabayon cause have and old laptop and portage -uDNv @world kills it! :slight_smile: ). Im also a little disoriented on this new Mocaccino switch. Its a Sabayon replacement? Where are the docs to migrate?. I understand that this is quite quite new move so everything is “in transit”
Greetings Martin

1 Like

Hi! Flavio, from Brazil.