VirtualBox is totaled

Hello, few weeks ago VirtualBox was updated. Right now I can’t run any of the virtual machines I have:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Mocaccino.

The VM session was aborted.

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: SessionMachine
Interface: ISession {c0447716-ff5a-4795-b57a-ecd5fffa18a4}

or

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine KDE Neon.

Failed to load R0 module /usr/lib64/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack/linux.amd64/VBoxEhciR0.r0: RTLdrGetBits failed (VERR_SYMBOL_VALUE_TOO_BIG).

Failed to load ring-0 module 'VBoxEhciR0.r0' for device 'usb-ehci' (VERR_SYMBOL_VALUE_TOO_BIG).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Any ideas?

Could it be related to memory?

At the moment of the screenshot, Plasma and 4 Dolphinb instances were running. Is this normal?

Do you have virtualbox extensions installed? If yes you should update those too before starting a vm that uses usb3 or something that needs the virtualbox extensions.

Since when? It worked fine before.

Since always. It may work some times for minor updates but you should make sure when you update virtualbox to update the extension pack too.

“Please install the same version extension pack as your installed version of VirtualBox.”

This is from virtualbox.org . I recently had a similar problem on my pc.

Strange, it worked so far without having it installed.
Anyway, if this was so important, why not require it to be installed along with VB? Hmm…

It isn’t necessary to have it installed if you don’t want usb2.0 support. For usb-ehci (USB2.0) you have to download the file from virtualbox.org and install it manually using either the gui or VBoxManage.

Did you download a vm that was created with such a configuration?

This is the mystery. I have had that VM and stopped working after the update.