Migrating Sabayon to MOS

Hi, I’ve migrated as documented. It removed a lot of packages. Boot fails due to inability to mount fstab disks. I’ve temporarily removed them from fstab. KDE lost its custom splash theme, but accepts the password. Yet, remains frozen after a while the password was entered, so no KDE session yet. Can’t find the reason yet.
For a start, how the kernel is switched/upgraded?

Hi! at the moment we are still working actively on the migration, so it’s not something you should rely on at this time.

That being said, review carefully what etc-update is suggesting to you, it might still ask to merge things that really shouldn’t.

For the kernels, it should be possible just by installing them from luet, but you have to enable the kernel repository: https://packages.mocaccino.org/kernel with luet install repository/mocaccino-kernel (or luet install repository/mocaccino-kernel-stable for the stable repository).

Thanks, I know, I have a system snapshot. You know, Sabayon is still usable, but more and more problematic. I try to understand etc files to update, but there were plenty of differences. Right now, I’d be happy to start KDE.

I’ve added stable kernels repo, I’ve installed a Sabayon full kernel 5.8…It downgraded dracut to 1.0 from 1.5 and could not boot anymore for not recognizing ext4 anymore. I’ll recover the old system for now.

Retrospectively, installing the kernel with luet, I have expected to install and enable the kernel as option, but Grub was not setup to use the new kernel, as kernel-switcher does. dracut 1.0 installation broke the old kernel. Is this an expected behavior? I find strange the downgrade of dracut, but I am not aware of the reasons, of course. Does this tell you something.

I’d like to copy the installation in a VM, but I have a nasty clipboard bug with VirtualBox that makes it crash (in the current Sabayon installation).

Hi @msdobrescu,
yeah, currently is not present yet the finalizer that executes sabayon-dracut rebuild. This means that you need to run it manually after the upgrade. It’s pending because probably we will rename sabayon-dracut to mocaccino-dracut but it’s the same script.

So for now before reboot just follows these steps:

$> sabayon-dracut --rebuild-all
$> # probably not need
$> grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Thank you for your help, although the box was unusable as long as it’s messed up completely and could not boot (it was going in kind of rescue and stalled there). I haven’t try chrooting. I have rolled back by restoring a backup, I would try to make a VM to re-test there. Without being upset or trying to upset anybody, I think Sabayon users should have some support for specific tools for a while more before the transition. Right now I have a big issue with VirtualBox, to be able to find a way to migrate safely. I rely on my machine for work and supporting my son with his online school. So my testing window on a real machine is small. Would be nice to have a newer VirtualBox version, from Sabayon repos, one that fixed the clipboard crash, in order to check more during the week. I have added a request about this already. I have disabled the clipboard, but that is a pain sometimes.
My notes about the kernel:

1. The repos are kind of unclear to me regarding the kernel, I see the kernel stable repo not published yet?
  2. I am not sure which kernel to peek to be close to Sabayon’s
  3. I see Sabayon has several dracut packages, for versions 1.5, 0.45, 049 (if I get it right). Even during and after migration, MOS dracut 1.0 is a problem if the old kernels are kept as long as luet removes 1.5. Would be nice to have both sets for a while. For me, removing 1.5 broke the machine entirely.
  4. Grub was not changed, it should offer the options, so, unless dracut script is not doing it, something (like grub2-mkconfig) must add the kernel options, right? The kernel-switcher tool is very useful, luet should not simply do this job just for installing a kernel.

After the migration (my Sabayion is up to date), I’ve got 37 configs to merge, most of them heavily simplified. I am not sure what to do with some. For instance, machine id, should this really be updated? There are many keys also changed. What is the impact of those if I keep the old ones or upgrade to the new ones? Sorry to be that ignorant! I see that nvidia related paths were removed from them. The big problem is that it’s hard to know what was removed during migration and what’s still there after.
Would it be useful to you to send you those in order to assess the migration scripts?

Yeah, we are under heavy development. I hope to have some more stable soon.
btw, machine id and other target system files will not be under etc-update. We have already fixed this.

1. yeah, we trying to stabilize core layers (portage-tree repo), and then we will automize kernel-repo too. Now it’s like a POC.
  2. the idea is to have a stable kernel (used in ISO too) related to the virtual package kernel/sabayon-full that we will upgrade to the real version on upgrade. We will try to supply a similar kernel-switch tool but atm the backlog queue is very big. Thanks for the note.
  3. about dracut… do you speak of sabayon-dracut or dracut package? are different packages.

About the migration, the idea is to reduce to zero (if this is possible) the users’s tasks. We need to wait for a complete portage-tree repo to complete our tests.

Thanks again for testing and suggestions.
I hope to have a Mocaccino OS full and stable soon.

Well, I find Sabayon very well maintained and having very smart tools. I have worked with Mandrake and Mageia before this, there is only one thing I miss from that, a tool guarding the configs - but that is kind of a problem if you try to change something and do not do it through the tool - it audits continuously and fixes the things back. I’d like to have a tool that is able to provide the settings diffs between, let’s say a default install and mine, to be able to monitor when they have changed for some reason. Sorry to go off-topic.

Sabayon is by far excellent and its maintainers are really kind to the less experienced users coming and saying what they think. I’d like to help, although I am still kind of a newbie after all the years.

Thank you for the service, it’s impressing! I also love the new name!

Concerning dracut, indeed, it’s about sabayon-dracut (1.5) that is removed, rendering the old kernel mostly unusable. Sorry to be that impatient too and for assuming the first things to be available would be the kernels and related tools, but I have not expected to not switch to a MOS kernel from the first migration.
I tried to provide some info on the transition, how it goes on a real machine, but not to push you in any way and in any direction! I’m also eager to have an updated system again, some things need an update, for me mainly VirtualBox, that crashes shortly (I’ve checked in their bug reporting system, it’s really bad now: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/19226#comment:45).

For any case, even though the future migration would work with minimal changes, it’s useful to get a list of things removed, just to know what to take care of.

1 Like

Hehe, i love etc-update/dispatch-conf and I personally implemented the logic in luet that supports the same feature in Mocaccino OS like available in Gentoo. So, from this side, Mocaccino OS will follow the same path.

About sabayon-dracut i think that we will rename the package to mocaccino-dracut but will be transparent for users.

Can you try to upgrade a VM and download directly sabayon-dracut 1.5 from there:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Sabayon/sabayon-distro/master/sys-kernel/sabayon-dracut/files/sabayon-dracut
and the default conf:

and after the migration to check if your reported issues will available again?

I’ll try, I hope VirtualBox won’t crash too soon.
About dispatch-conf, I mean a tool to run at will and tell me what is different from a standard setup (provided by a fresh installation). For instance, I keep having sound issues (I am not the only one) and I change something related to it - like the default sample rate. Then I dig and change further. When I am finished, assuming it works, I’d like to know the differences of the configs. I know, it’s kind of complicated…

mocacciono-kernel-repo will supply sabayon-dracut-1.5 too just between some hours. :wink:

Thanks! I could not migrate yet, but I’ll check it probably tomorrow. Are you familiar with this behavior when, apparently for no reason, the disk led starts to lit at maximum, the system seems busy and enters an unresponsive state, the monitor loses signal, so goes in stand by/energy saving, so the only way to get out of it is to reset, check filesystems? It happens sometimes to me. Happened today.

Hi, I need help with Sabayon in VirtualBox. It can’t keep other resolution than 800x600. I have KDE Neon that works fine.
On other hand, why is this page down at certain hours?

The desktop size fixed by creating /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-monitor.conf containing:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "Virtual1"
        Option "PreferredMode" "1920x1200"
    EndSection

@geaaru, etc-update brings the same list:

etc-update
!!! Section 'gentoo' in repos.conf has location attribute set to nonexistent directory: '/var/db/repos/gentoo'
!!! Invalid Repository Location (not a dir): '/var/db/repos/gentoo'
Scanning Configuration files...
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/.pwd.lock
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/DIR_COLORS
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ca-certificates.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dispatch-conf.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dmtab
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/e2fsck.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/e2scrub.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/etc-update.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/filesystems
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/gai.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/host.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/inputrc
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/issue
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/issue.logo
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/login.defs
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/man_db.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/mime.types
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/mke2fs.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/nanorc
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/netconfig
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/networks
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/nscd.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/profile
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/protocols
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/rhashrc
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/rmt
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/rpc
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/rsyncd.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sandbox.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/shells
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/subgid
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/subuid
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sysctl.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/udhcpd.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/vdpau_wrapper.cfg
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/wgetrc
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/xattr.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/OpenCL/vendors/mesa.icd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/X11/Xresources
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/50-systemd-user.sh
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/80-dbus
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/bash/bash_logout
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/bash/bashrc
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/bash/bashrc.d/.keep_app-shells_bash-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/binfmt.d/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/busybox-ntpd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/busybox-watchdog
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/device-mapper
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/dmcrypt
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/git-daemon
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/ip6tables
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/iptables
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/lvm
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/pydoc-3.7
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/rsyncd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/sshd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/udev
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/udev-settle
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/udev-trigger
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/conf.d/unbound
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/cron.daily/man-db
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dbus-1/session.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dbus-1/system.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dbus-1/session.d/.keep_sys-apps_dbus-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dbus-1/system.d/.keep_sys-apps_dbus-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/default/useradd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dnssec/icannbundle.pem
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dnssec/root-anchors.p7s
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dnssec/root-anchors.txt
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/dnssec/root-anchors.xml
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/00glibc
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/00manpager
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/04gcc-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/05binutils
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/09sandbox
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/30gnupg
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/37fontconfig
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/50baselayout
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/50ncurses
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/60llvm-9989
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/70less
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/98ca-certificates
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/binutils/config-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Updating masked file: /etc/env.d/gcc/config-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/fonts.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-autohint.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-hinting-full.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-hinting-medium.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-hinting-none.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-hinting-slight.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-no-sub-pixel.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-sub-pixel-bgr.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-sub-pixel-rgb.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-sub-pixel-vbgr.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-sub-pixel-vrgb.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-unhinted.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-default.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-legacy.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-light.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/20-unhint-small-vera.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/25-unhint-nonlatin.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/30-metric-aliases.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/40-nonlatin.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/45-generic.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/45-latin.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/49-sansserif.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/50-user.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/51-local.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/52-infinality.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/60-generic.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/60-latin.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/62-croscore-arimo.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/62-croscore-cousine.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/62-croscore-symbolneu.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/62-croscore-tinos.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/65-fonts-persian.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/65-khmer.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/65-nonlatin.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/69-unifont.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/70-no-bitmaps.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/70-yes-bitmaps.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/80-delicious.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/90-synthetic.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/conf.d/README
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/infinality.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/20-aliases-default-inf.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/20-aliases-default-linux.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/20-aliases-default-osx.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/20-aliases-default-win.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/20-fix-cantarell.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/21-aliases-wine-linux.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/21-aliases-wine-osx.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/21-aliases-wine-win7-inf.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/21-aliases-wine-win98.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/21-aliases-wine-winxp.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/30-non-latin-inf-win.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/30-non-latin-osx-lin.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/40-repl-generic.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/41-repl-os-inf.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/41-repl-os-linux.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/41-repl-os-osx.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/41-repl-os-win.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/42-repl-global.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/43-repl-tt-traced-bitmap.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/44-repl-corrective.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/50-base-rendering-inf-osx-lin.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/50-base-rendering-osx2.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/50-base-rendering-win7-winxp.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/50-base-rendering-win98.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/60-group-non-tt-fonts.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/60-group-tt-fonts.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/61-group-non-tt-rendering-default.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/61-group-non-tt-rendering-inf-7-xp-lin.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/61-group-non-tt-rendering-win98.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/61-group-tt-rendering-inf-7-xp.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/61-group-tt-rendering-linux.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/61-group-tt-rendering-osx.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/61-group-tt-rendering-osx2.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/61-group-tt-rendering-win98.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/62-tt-monospace-rendering.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/62-tt-traced-bitmap-rendering.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/64-override-inf.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/64-override-win98.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/65-override.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/70-forced-synthetic.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/71-forced-synthetic-win98.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/80-selective-rendering-inf-7-xp.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/80-selective-rendering-inf-win-lin.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/81-final-rendering-inf-7-xp.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/90-no-synthetic.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/90-reject.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/99-debug.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/generate60/60-group-non-tt-fonts.conf.awk
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/generate60/60-group-non-tt-fonts.list
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/generate60/60-group-tt-fonts.conf.awk
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/generate60/60-group-tt-fonts.list
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/conf.src/generate60/generate60.sh
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/styles.conf.avail/nyx/20-aliases-default-nyx.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/fonts/infinality/styles.conf.avail/nyx/30-non-latin-nyx.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/gtk-2.0/im-multipress.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/gtk-3.0/im-multipress.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/busybox-ntpd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/busybox-watchdog
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/dbus
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/device-mapper
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/dmcrypt
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/dmeventd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/git-daemon
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/kmod-static-nodes
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/lvm
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/lvm-monitoring
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/lvmetad
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/lvmpolld
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/nscd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/pydoc-3.7
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/rsyncd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/sshd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/init.d/unbound
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/iproute2/bpf_pinning
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/iproute2/ematch_map
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/iproute2/group
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/iproute2/nl_protos
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/iproute2/rt_dsfield
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/iproute2/rt_protos
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/iproute2/rt_realms
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/iproute2/rt_scopes
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/kernel/postinst.d/.keep_sys-kernel_installkernel-gentoo-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/logrotate.d/elog-save-summary
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/logrotate.d/rsyncd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/luet/repos.conf.d/mocaccino-repository-index.yml
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/lvm/lvmlocal.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/lvm/profile/cache-mq.profile
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/lvm/profile/cache-smq.profile
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/lvm/profile/command_profile_template.profile
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/lvm/profile/lvmdbusd.profile
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/lvm/profile/metadata_profile_template.profile
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/lvm/profile/thin-generic.profile
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/lvm/profile/thin-performance.profile
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/modprobe.d/aliases.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/modprobe.d/i386.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/modules-load.d/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/chfn
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/chpasswd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/chsh
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/groupmems
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/login
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/newusers
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/other
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/polkit-1
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/runuser
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/runuser-l
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/shadow
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/shfn
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/sshd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/su
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/system-local-login
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/system-remote-login
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pam.d/system-services
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/pkcs11/pkcs11.conf.example
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/50-default.rules
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/profile.d/.keep
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/profile.d/gawk.csh
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/profile.d/gawk.sh
Updating masked file: /etc/sandbox.d/00default
Updating masked file: /etc/sandbox.d/10openssl
Updating masked file: /etc/sandbox.d/15man-db
Updating masked file: /etc/sandbox.d/37fontconfig
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/security/access.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/security/capability.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/security/group.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/security/limits.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/security/namespace.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/security/namespace.init
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/security/pam_env.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/security/time.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sgml/catalog
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook.cat
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sgml/sgml-ent.cat
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sgml/sgml.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sgml/xml-docbook-4.1.2.cat
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sgml/xml-docbook-4.2.cat
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sgml/xml-docbook-4.3.cat
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sgml/xml-docbook-4.4.cat
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/sgml/xml-docbook-4.5.cat
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/skel/.bash_logout
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/skel/.bash_profile
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/skel/.bashrc
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssh/ssh_config
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssl/ct_log_list.cnf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssl/ct_log_list.cnf.dist
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf.dist
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssl/certs/.keep_dev-libs_openssl-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssl/misc/CA.pl
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssl/misc/tsget.pl
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/ssl/private/.keep_dev-libs_openssl-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/systemd/coredump.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/systemd/logind.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/systemd/resolved.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/systemd/sleep.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/systemd/system.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/systemd/user.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/systemd/user/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/a/ansi
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/d/dumb
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/l/linux
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/r/rxvt
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/r/rxvt-256color
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/r/rxvt-unicode
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/r/rxvt-unicode-256color
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/s/screen
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/s/screen-256color
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/s/screen.xterm-256color
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/v/vt100
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/v/vt102
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/v/vt220
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/v/vt52
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/x/xterm
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/x/xterm-256color
Updating masked file: /etc/terminfo/x/xterm-color
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/tmpfiles.d/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/udev/udev.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/udev/hwdb.d/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/udev/rules.d/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/unbound/.keep_acct-user_unbound-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/unbound/unbound.conf
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/unbound/var/.keep_net-dns_unbound-0
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/xdg/autostart/at-spi-dbus-bus.desktop
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-secrets.desktop
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-ssh.desktop
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/xinetd.d/rsyncd
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/xml/.keep_app-text_docbook-xml-dtd-4.2
Automerging trivial changes in: /etc/xml/.keep_app-text_docbook-xml-dtd-4.5
The following is the list of files which need updating, each
configuration file is followed by a list of possible replacement files.
 1) /etc/bindresvport.blacklist (1)
 2) /etc/csh.env (1)
 3) /etc/environment (1)
 4) /etc/fstab (1)
 5) /etc/gentoo-release (1)
 6) /etc/hostname (1)
 7) /etc/hosts (1)
 8) /etc/ld.so.cache (1)
 9) /etc/ld.so.conf (1)
10) /etc/locale.conf (1)
11) /etc/locale.gen (1)
12) /etc/machine-id (1)
13) /etc/nsswitch.conf (1)
14) /etc/os-release (1)
15) /etc/profile.env (1)
16) /etc/services (1)
17) /etc/init.d/iptables (1)
18) /etc/init.d/udev (1)
19) /etc/init.d/udev-settle (1)
20) /etc/init.d/udev-trigger (1)
21) /etc/ld.so.conf.d/05gcc-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.conf (1)
22) /etc/pam.d/passwd (1)
23) /etc/pam.d/system-auth (1)
24) /etc/pam.d/system-login (1)
25) /etc/pam.d/systemd-user (1)
26) /etc/portage/make.conf (1)
27) /etc/python-exec/python-exec.conf (1)
28) /etc/ssh/moduli (1)
29) /etc/systemd/journald.conf (1)
30) /etc/systemd/networkd.conf (1)
31) /etc/udev/hwdb.bin (1)
32) /etc/unbound/unbound_control.key (1)
33) /etc/unbound/unbound_control.pem (1)
34) /etc/unbound/unbound_server.key (1)
35) /etc/unbound/unbound_server.pem (1)
36) /etc/xml/catalog (1)
37) /etc/xml/docbook (1)
Please select a file to edit by entering the corresponding number.
              (don't use -3, -5, -7 or -9 if you're unsure what to do)
              (-1 to exit) (-3 to auto merge all files)
                           (-5 to auto-merge AND not use 'mv -i')
                           (-7 to discard all updates)
                           (-9 to discard all updates AND not use 'rm -i'):

yeah, the fix is now on repo without *-stable.

We need to fix an infra issue that blocks the QA tasks atm. Probably we will do this at the weekend.

@geaaru, I will ignore the files listed there. I’d add the /etc/hostname, /etc/hosts, /etc/locale.conf, /etc/locale.gen too. So far, I see rust addition only to various configs and passwd added to /etc/bindresvport.blacklist. What about /etc/pam/passwd?

Strange issue: I see it processing at upgrade “Computing upgrade, please hang tight”… for hours, it’s probably stalled.

Hi, I have tried again, with a similar result. The boot fails, it does not complain about dracut, but still throws “mount: /sysroot: unknown filesystem type ‘ext4’”.

About please hang tight could be related to connections limit. We trying to find the right setup for this.
Btw, after the upgrade it’s better to run this command too:

luet install system/luet

This update and upgrade luet tool. In the last version, we have added the download progress bar that permits to see what happens.