MIgrated from Sabayon with a few issues

Just finished migrating from Sabayon following the instructions.

Unfortunately, I was running KDE with auto-screen locking enabled and I got locked out of the system and couldn’t log back in to run etc-update so couldn’t even login on another VT nor ssh in from another working box. So had to boot from rescue usb thumbdrive, then decrypt my luks drives then mount the btrfs subvolumes and then chroot to run the “etc-update”

Now I’m logged back into the working system, but no sound and can’t run app-editor/vim
which complains about a missing library:

vi: error while loading shared libraries: libruby25.so.2.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

eslect ruby list
[1] ruby26 (with Rubygems)

Also alsa-info.sh doesn’t work because missing libkmod:
lspci: Unable to load libkmod resources: error -12

Thanks for any hints on how to get sound and vi working.

OK, got the sound working.There were some broken symlinks in /etc/alsa/conf.d/
pointing to files in /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf.d/
which I removed, namely:
10-rate-lav.conf
10-speexrate.conf
50-jack.conf
60-a52-encoder.conf
60-speex.conf

Then ran alsamixer and set volume and alsa drivers loaded after restarting pulseaudio by pkilling it.

Now on to app-editor/vi

ldd /usr/bin/vi
libruby25.so.2.5 => not found

equo search dev-lang/ruby
╠ @@ Searching…
╠ @@ Package: dev-lang/ruby-2.5.8 branch: 5, [sabayon-weekly]
╠ Available: version: 2.5.8 ~ tag: NoTag ~ revision: 0
╠ Installed: version: 2.5.8 ~ tag: NoTag ~ revision: 0
╠ Slot: 2.5
╠ Homepage: https://www.ruby-lang.org/
╠ Description: An object-oriented scripting
╠ language
╠ License: BSD-2 Ruby-BSD
╠ Keywords: dev-lang/ruby
╠ Found: 1 entry

But version 2.5.8 got upgraded to 2.6.0:

ls /usr/lib64/ruby

2.6.0 gems site_ruby vendor_ruby

So need to install version of app-editor/vim compiled with 2.6.0
There’s a dev-lang/ruby-2.7.2 in repository/mocaccino-micro-stable:
— Search results (ruby): —
── lang/ruby-2.7.2
├─ Category: lang
├─ Name: ruby
├─ Version: 2.7.2
├─ Description:
├─ Repository: mocaccino-micro-stable
╰─ Uri: https://www.ruby-lang.org

But I don’t see the 2.6,0

Out of curiosity - I have migrated my KDE weeks ago - do you have any KDE console, preferably compatible with yakuake? Mine were uninstalled.
How did you manage the kernel?

Yes, I have konsole installed and it works after the migration. I did not migrate my kernels. Am currently booted into kernel-genkernel-x86_64-4.9.0-sabayon.

Have also installed these other Sabayon kernels:
kernel-genkernel-x86_64-4.19.0-sabayon
kernel-genkernel-x86_64-5.4.0-sabayon
kernel-genkernel-x86_64-5.6.0-sabayon

However, the laptop sleep doesn’t work in these other 3 for me. If I close the laptop the system does a hard shutdown. So I’ve been using the 4.9.0 kernel in which everything works and just never got around to troubleshooting the newer kernels. IIRC the Sabayon wiki on using the Sabayon kernel-switcher didn’t leave me feeling confident that it was hassle-free.

Some other things that are broken after the migration to luet: youtube-dl and recognizing usb harddrives. I had another duplicate netbook on which I tested the migration out. Looked fine so upgraded this netbook. But after using the migrated system, I see that some things broke.Ah well, that’s what backups are for.

Well, jiust did a “luet upgrade” and now my pinephone is recognized as a usb device when booting from the jumpdrive. Coincidence? Maybe.

I guess you were lucky to migrate when provided KDE was more stable in the repos. I have got konsole back and looks fixed.
What did you do about etc-update? How many configs did you merge?